How do I set the 20736 MAC address at runtime?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to change the MAC address to a desired value in the "....._create()" function.

Is there a "set" MAC address command similar to the one that "gets" the MAC address (emconinfo_getAddr())?

I was hoping there would be something with a prototype like "bool emconinfo_setAddr(UINT8* str);" or anything similar to that.

Could someone help?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Gil

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe he wants to change the BD_ADDR at runtime from within the application using the API.

Unfortunately, we do not support this feature.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Did you have a chance to peruse the below blog?

BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production

One can download the bd_addr either through the SDK or in the command prompt environment.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe he wants to change the BD_ADDR at runtime from within the application using the API.

Unfortunately, we do not support this feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both.

Yes, I was hoping there would be an API call to change it at runtime from within the application.

I will look at the alternative methods.  Thanks again!

0 Likes

gdepaula kcj ehoffman

As a point of reference.  Since the BD_ADDR address location and  its size in bytes is already known, it seems that on could use bleprofile_ReadNVRAM/bleprofile_WriteNVRAM to write (then read back) a new BD_ADDR.

It would probably require a reset of some form, but I thought I'd add this note as this question gets asked alot.

This thread references those two functions, so it got me thinking: http://community.broadcom.com/message/12230#12230

andrew997