Floating Point support for BCM20737S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need the solution for floating point support for BCM20737S

When I declare a float variable(in global) for example (float id=10.5;)It showing the following error "undefined reference to `__aeabi_f2uiz'" in WICED smart ide2.2.1. at the same time when i declare the float variable in Local It not showing error but it print the output in terminal only "ffffffffff" instead of 10.5. For printing i used the following method. ble_trace1("Out:%f\n",id); please give me the exact solution for print and access of float variable.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ripit,

The floating point data types are NOT supported.

You must use fixed point library.

Thanks,

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per your reply i tested all three reference , but all the reference are not support  the float variable deceleration and serial print option. Again i got the same result what i mentioned previous our conversation, please give me exact example for float variable access. If suppose BCM20737s not support for FPU  then please inform us,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ripit,

Let us check with the developers on this request.

Thanks,

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please reply us soon as possible

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ripit,

The floating point data types are NOT supported.

You must use fixed point library.

Thanks,

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already we tried with libfixmath.a library its not giving correct output, please share small example with fixed point library. Please send the output also(with float ).

0 Likes

Floating point data types are NOT supported.

0 Likes