First Step IoT Homekit Development

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

What would be the first steps that I need to follow in order to get an SDK / Evaluation board for the BCM20706?

My understanding is that this is the one already approved by apple homekit.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20706 Development Board and associated SDK will need to go into production, which should occur sometime near the end of Q3.

Note that there will actually be a special slimmed down version of the SmartReady SDK that will support HomeKit, and to gain access to it (around the same time), you will need to provide your MFi number to gangi or j.t and one of those two will be able to provide you access to the internal space where you can download the SDK.

kwang

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20706 Development Board and associated SDK will need to go into production, which should occur sometime near the end of Q3.

Note that there will actually be a special slimmed down version of the SmartReady SDK that will support HomeKit, and to gain access to it (around the same time), you will need to provide your MFi number to gangi or j.t and one of those two will be able to provide you access to the internal space where you can download the SDK.

kwang

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks kwang for your prompt response!

Is there any board that I can start working with? and later just migrate everything to BCM20706? Or you think that it might be a waste of time?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

We don't have any pre-development boards at this time.

We will keep you informed on the release date.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes