Error writing Hello Sensor to the dev kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

While building the target, I get the following error:

12:08:40 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"\\\\psf\\Home\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.0.1\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

'\\psf\Home\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.0.1\WICED-Smart-SDK'

CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.

UNC paths are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows directory.

make: *** No rule to make target 'hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32'.  Stop.

12:08:40 Build Finished (took 313ms)

Any info on what could be the issue and how can it be resolved?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

It looks that you need to install SDK on the local drive rather than on the network share.  If it is not possible maybe you will be able to map network drive and then use network drive during the install.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

It looks that you need to install SDK on the local drive rather than on the network share.  If it is not possible maybe you will be able to map network drive and then use network drive during the install.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the SDK on a local drive! Have reinstalled it but no luck.

0 Likes

Please see the difference in your command (first) and my command (second).  Can you check the directory path when you are installing.  You have some none standard settings on your machine which makes make procedure unhappy..

12:08:40 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"\\\\psf\\Home\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.0.1\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

18:30:13 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:\\Users\\Victor\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download