Does WICED-Smart SDK 1.1.0 (1.0.1) support multi-profile (and how)?H

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all:

Do you know how to program the FW making it support multi-profile?

("multi-profile" means on one board have multi-profile then on iOS/Android and scan multi-profile service)

For example, HRM+Cycling Speed and Cadence,  Blood Pressure+HelloSensor,

I tried as below but it seems failed.

APPLICATION_INIT()

{

bleapp_set_cfg(.....);     //one profile

bleapp_set_cfg(.....);     //the other profile

}

Or WICED-Smart SDK can't support this feature?

(I use SB-BLE-S03(BCM20732S EVB)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction: The Medical Devices Working Group (med) is unrelated to the MultiProfile Working Group at the BT SIG.  I was just informed by my colleague.

But let me know if the above comments helps you.

JT

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello jimhsieh,

The Multi-Profile that you mention actually comes from the Classic Bluetooth Spec listed at: https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/adopted-specifications

The details are located at:

However, the Medical Devices Working Group (med) implemented the HRS, HTP, BLS and the BLP and thus it applies to BLE as well.

There is no ‘special’ multi-profile implementation our BCM2073x ROM, but you are able to implement multiple services/profiles.

Please check out the our Proximity App:

1. The battery monitoring and device information are considered different profiles as are the Proximity and Find Me profiles
  2. The SDK 1.1 ROM Proximity app has Find Me and Battery Service in it, so you can say it already has 3 profiles in it.
  3. For our upcoming SDK 2.0 to be released at the end of March, we have added a great Smart Watch sample app that implements:
    • ANCS, Time client, Find Me and HOGP (Ad battery status and Device ID too).

Let me know if this answers your questions.

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction: The Medical Devices Working Group (med) is unrelated to the MultiProfile Working Group at the BT SIG.  I was just informed by my colleague.

But let me know if the above comments helps you.

JT