Do I need to open the WICED Smart Tag case?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm looking at document MMPWICED-Smart-QSG202-R.pdf (WICED Smart Development System) now and see images of the board inside the nice red plastic case mine is in, and recommendations to check switch settings, which are inaccessible from outside the case (e.g. page 11).

Should I open the case? It doesn't seem designed to be opened and I'd rather not destroy it 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think you are confusing the two tools that are available.

Per the document here: BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

There is a WICED Sense Evaluation unit.  This is our low cost, simple eval unit that comes in the red plastic case.  The only time you would need to crack open the case on it is if you corrupt the firmware and need to recover per the WICED Sense Recovery procedure here: WICED Sense Table of Contents

There is the full featured development kit called the TAG3 board.  This does not ship inside of a custom housing and provides a series of connectors and headers to better support your development efforts.  This is the board which is also shown inside our Quickstart Guide here: WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board) and Hardware User's Guide Here: Hardware User Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think you are confusing the two tools that are available.

Per the document here: BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

There is a WICED Sense Evaluation unit.  This is our low cost, simple eval unit that comes in the red plastic case.  The only time you would need to crack open the case on it is if you corrupt the firmware and need to recover per the WICED Sense Recovery procedure here: WICED Sense Table of Contents

There is the full featured development kit called the TAG3 board.  This does not ship inside of a custom housing and provides a series of connectors and headers to better support your development efforts.  This is the board which is also shown inside our Quickstart Guide here: WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board) and Hardware User's Guide Here: Hardware User Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're right 🙂

So you have WICED Smart, WICED Sense and the WICED Smart SDK. But the WICED Smart SDK is also used with WICED Sense. Hence my confusion I think!

Thanks, that's got me properly orientated now.

Regards

M

0 Likes

No problem.  Let us know if you run into any other trouble.

0 Likes