Corruption during Loading workbench

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My compunter is 64bit window7.

I was working with WICED Smart IDE 2.0.1 for a while , and finally it could not execute often.

Now I can not open IDE at all.

Error message is EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I read previous discussion so I changed java version into 32bit.

but it does not open.

I added the error message.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I am using IDE on Win7 64 bits and do not see any problems.  Maybe you should submit Java issue to Sun as specified in the bug report header.  The problem seems to be in the registry access code which is weird.  I am not sure if reinstall of JRE and Eclipse would help, but it might worth trying.  By the way there were reports of people having problem running software on the virtual machine. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you noted, the WICED SDK utilizes a 32-bit version of an Eclipse based IDE which requires a 32-bit versoin of JRE to be installed. If you have the 64-bit JRE installed you will need to install the 32-bit version as well.

JRE is designed to allow both 32 and 64 bit variants to be installed on the same system.

Am I to assume that you have both the 32 and 64 bit JREs installed now?  If so, I will need to create a case with our development team to see if they can provide some guidance.

You could also try uninstalling the SDK and reinstalling as I believe the problem is probably based on the installer detecting the wrong version of Java as described here: Installation Issues

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Java configuration in my computer displays its version as 7.60. I reinstalled JRE 32bit and 64bit several times as well as SDK.

In the link you've added, I found 1 thing strange which Java folder is not in the HKLM.

(HKLM "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion")

Is this kind of cause?

0 Likes

I'm honestly not sure.  I need to search around inside the company and find someone with experience t-shooting SDK install issues on 64b Windows.

Do you have a 32b Windows machine available that you can use in the meantime?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I borrowed 32bit machine temporarily.

I hope to get answers.

0 Likes

I am using IDE on Win7 64 bits and do not see any problems.  Maybe you should submit Java issue to Sun as specified in the bug report header.  The problem seems to be in the registry access code which is weird.  I am not sure if reinstall of JRE and Eclipse would help, but it might worth trying.  By the way there were reports of people having problem running software on the virtual machine. 

0 Likes