Can SDK 1.0.1 support client & server mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sir,

Can I use SDK 1.0.1 to support client & server mode with two BCM20732 application?

Ex1. BCM20732(Client)  <--Pairing-> BCM20732(HR profile server)

Ex2. BCM20732(Client)   <--Pairing-> BCM20732(HR profile server)

<-Pairing--> BCM20732(Proximity profile server)

<-Pairing--> how many server can be support ?

Ex3. BCM20732(Client)  <--Pairing-> BCM20732(HR + Findme + Proximity profile server)

Should I refer which sample code ? thanks a lot.
0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
As victorz mentioned, thats the plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
MichaelF_56
My apologies, but I do not understand the question.  Are you asking whether or not you can setup one of the sample applications within the SDK as a client and/or server on two seperate instances of the BCM20732S module?

Or is the question related to how many servers can run within a single instance of the Proximity profile/application?

Also, please clarify your reference to the HR Profile server (Heart Rate Monitor?).
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies, but I do not understand the question.  Are you asking whether or not you can setup one of the sample applications within the SDK as a client and/or server on two seperate instances of the BCM20732S module? Yes! Can BCM20732 be configured  as central mode(like phone  side) ? The application is that two BCM20732 communicate each other.^^
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you asking whether or not you can setup one of the sample applications within the SDK as a client and/or server on two seperate instances of the BCM20732S module?

Ans:  Yes! Can BCM20732 be configured  as central mode(like phone  side) ? The application is that two BCM20732 communicate each other.^^
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
I confirmed last night with the application development team that the BCM20732 can indeed can work as both a central and peripheral device.  However, SDK 1.0.1 does not provide a suitable example of a central device.  We are however planning on provide some client samples in SDK 1.1, which will be released soon.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
I confirmed last night with the application development team that the BCM20732 can indeed can work as both a central and peripheral device.  However, SDK 1.0.1 does not provide a suitable example of a central device.  We are however planning on provide some client samples in SDK 1.1, which will be released soon.

Mike,

can you release 1.1 at the end of this year?
0 Likes
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received
thats the plan
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, can broadcom deliver WICED SMART 1.1.0 on time at the end of 2013?
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
As victorz mentioned, thats the plan.
0 Likes