Can I buy the BT module on BCM9WCDPLUS114?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have BCM9WCDPLUS114 board, it have embedded a Bluetooth LE module.

Im interested in this BT module, can I purchase this module from Broadcom or your distributor? Whats the P/N?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please check WICED documentation and forum instead of WICED Smart.  Note that BCM20702 chip which is installed on BCM9WCDPLUS114 is a dual mode Bluetooth 4.0 HCI controller and WICED Smart SDK will not work to program it.  WICED SDK has a SmartBridge sample/demo code which you will need to use for development.

Thats what I want.

I dont care whether WICED Smart SDK can work on BCM20702 or not. If BCM20702 is preload firmware before shipment, I think I can use a micro-controller, like PLUS114s STM32, to interact with it through UART, then make it work as master.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
Is the BCM9WCDPLUS114 a Broadcom Evaluation Board?  Im not familiar with this board and the part numbering scheme doesnt match our normal convention.  Did you prchase it from a local distributor?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the BCM9WCDPLUS114 a Broadcom Evaluation Board?  Im not familiar with this board and the part numbering scheme doesnt match our normal convention.  Did you prchase it from a local distributor?

I got this board from Arrow. This is picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183[/ATTACH]

It includes BCM43362+STM32F205 WICED+ Module and BCM20702 Bluetooth module. Can I buy BCM20702 module?
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
Ok, this is the SmartBridge reference design.  I will check to see if only the BCM20702 portion of the design is available for purchase.  I dont think its possible to just purchase that module, but will check.

How many of these would you need?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, this is the SmartBridge reference design.  I will check to see if only the BCM20702 portion of the design is available for purchase.  I dont think its possible to just purchase that module, but will check.

How many of these would you need?

I cant get the quote number, Im interested in that it was preloaded firmware and work as a master.
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
Please contact the local manufactures rep located in San Jose, CA. I will send you an email offline with the email address.
0 Likes
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received
Please check WICED documentation and forum instead of WICED Smart.  Note that BCM20702 chip which is installed on BCM9WCDPLUS114 is a dual mode Bluetooth 4.0 HCI controller and WICED Smart SDK will not work to program it.  WICED SDK has a SmartBridge sample/demo code which you will need to use for development.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I want.

I dont care whether WICED Smart SDK can work on BCM20702 or not. If BCM20702 is preload firmware before shipment, I think I can use a micro-controller, like PLUS114s STM32, to interact with it through UART, then make it work as master.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you provide evaluation board schematic, PCB source files , evaluation version firmware for me?

0 Likes

Schematics for all evaluation boards are found in the ~Wiced-SDK/platforms/BCM9xxxx directory.

The SDK includes all firmware that is needed for the platform.

I'm not sure "why" PCB source files are not provided.5-16-2014 12-14-34 PM.png

0 Likes