BCM920736发现有时候起不来

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

! !最近在做一个bcm920736的开发,用的是WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0-IDE开发包,发现机器掉电一段时间或者不断上电掉电,发现HCI UART口没有数据出来,怀疑是blue没有起来,不知各位虾有没有碰到过,是什么原因,谢谢。

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

硬件没做好,交给我来做,没问题的。

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I translated this as follows:

!! Recently doing a bcm920736 development, using WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0-IDE development package , found the machine down a time or continuously on mains failure , HCI UART port found no data out , suspected blue not up , I wonder if you have not encountered shrimp , what is the reason , thank you.

Answer.

What development board are you connecting to your PC, TAG3 or WICED Sense?

Have you installed the USB to Serial drivers for either board?

The WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) has some examples that will help you get the TAG3 board up and running.  The WICED Sense Table of Contents contains links to help you get the WICED Sense board up and running.

If a custom board, then there is another path for t-shooting we need to take.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is customer board, the usb to serial driver work well.

0 Likes

So on a custom board, the HCI UART is not responding to the download process when the part is in programming mode as indicated by the state of the HCI UART Rx line?  Have you read through all the threads here on this site on the same subject?  Could you formulate a specific question based on some of the advice given in those threads.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

the board is not in download process,, the rx line of HCI UART is disconnected. I have read the threads here on this site, but did not find related subject. do you have met this issue beofre or could you list the same subject here.

0 Likes

I'm confused.  What does "HCI UART Port not found" mean in your initial post.

The HCI UART is only used for programming.

It has two states, programming and app mode.

At a high level, which mode is determined by the state of the HCI Rx line on reset.

Go here: Re: BCM2073XS Boot Sequence: Can't download to board (device not found) and you will find more detail in my post on July 31.  The HCI UART issue on custom boards is a very common issue.

I will also ask the regional team to help out: boont maxsong

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, Let me explain more.

the device can work after programing with HCI UART. but it need to disconnct RX line to Run into App mode, right?  after continuously power on and power off, sometimes the device can not run. check debug trace from HCI UART port, because the Tx line is good, it can send debug trace into UART, so that we could know the App run or not run.

the issue usually happens on powering off devices for a while then power on again or continuously power on and power off, but it is not easy to reproduce. just found in our devolpment several times.

0 Likes

I'll have to run this past the developers to see if they can provide some guidance.

0 Likes

Are you using a SIP module or SoC chip?

For SIP module based designs only, you may want to take note of the below:

Explanation of Crystal Warmup Issue

chenlei_198

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

we use a SOC chip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lei,

Here are some things to check:

1.  Are you using Write-Protect for your NV?

2.  Have you looked at any voltage irregularities?

3.  Are there any voltage spikes

4.  Are your GPIO's working?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

we have check some sigals, the WP is high, the voltage of power supplier for SOC is right. but we do not check GPIO, which pin should be check?

and I found a strange things, when the issue happens, if place it for a long time with nothing to do just power off, sometimes it can work after power on next time. any suggestions? thanks.

Thanks,

Lei

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lei,

1.  Try to move the chip to another board to see if the problem is following the chip.

2.  Is this happening on all boards?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Not only one board. now we are still testing, it is not reproduced everytime. any suggenstions when it happen?

Thanks,

Lei

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

硬件没做好,交给我来做,没问题的。

0 Likes