BCM20737 module antenna details

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello BCM,

Our radio testing lab has asked for antenna specification and antenna gain details as part of FCC 47 CFR PART 15 SUBPART C report. We are using BCM20737 module. Can you please provide us this information?

Regards,

Subash

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have communicated with your local Manufacture's Rep and they have since provided to you under NDA the antenna performance document I mentioned above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I have to check around internally to see if something is available outside of NDA.

You should also run this request through RFAN, your local Broadcom sales rep.

andrew997 fsantos-at-rfan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have mutual NDA with BCM.

0 Likes

We have a document available on Docsafe (internal site) called "BCM920732 Antenna Performance Data" that is part of our own filing, but in order for you lab to receive this, they will need an NDA in place with Broadcom as they cannot leverage your NDA.

However, this is not needed to leverage our Limited Modular Approval (LMA): Broadcom BCM20732S/BCM20736S/BCM20737S Regulatory Approvals

So internally we are a little confused as to why they are requesting this information.

Many have used the process defined in the link above and leveraged our LMA and a Letter of Authorization, but we have never had to provide Antenna Performance Data.

jeremynigh business

nsankar andrew997 fsantos-at-rfan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. They are asking it to complete the "EUT Description"

of the compliance report.

If I can have official email id of yours, I can forward the draft report to

you.

Regards,

Subash

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM, mwf_mmfae <

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also from my docSafe account, I cannot see a document titled "BCM920732

Antenna Performance Data"

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM, mwf_mmfae <

0 Likes

Please ask your local sales rep to submit a request to have this document added to your docsafe account.

It's not an official document (does not have a document id), but most of them know me and I can send them a copy so they know what to ask for when they submit the request. Your test facility will need docsafe access and an NDA before they can view the document.

The local sales rep would set that up for them as well.

0 Likes

I have communicated with your local Manufacture's Rep and they have since provided to you under NDA the antenna performance document I mentioned above.

0 Likes