BCM20732I vs BCM20732S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am sure this question will be a simple one however I cant find an answer despite much searching.   We are doing a design based on the BCM20732I .   We can get this part from Mouser but we need to verify that it contains the iDevices stack.  Is that correct?  

Also what is the difference between the BCM20731I and BCM20732S?   Our design is based on the Silicon Labs Sensor Puck and utilizes that source for the BT functionality.   We are adding more sensors to our product but want to avoid any changes to the way the BT works and the extra effort.  Our thinking is we just need the BCM20732I.

Hope someone can clear this up!   Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The iDevices BCM20732I is flashed with the iDevices custom firmware during manufacturing.

It's the same physical module as the BCM20732S, which contains Broadcom firmware and is supported by our SDK (version 1.1).

Orderable PNs (can order through our franchised Distributors)  include: BCM20732I and BCM20732IT (T&R)

smonteith1 smonteith tsweeney

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The iDevices BCM20732I is flashed with the iDevices custom firmware during manufacturing.

It's the same physical module as the BCM20732S, which contains Broadcom firmware and is supported by our SDK (version 1.1).

Orderable PNs (can order through our franchised Distributors)  include: BCM20732I and BCM20732IT (T&R)

smonteith1 smonteith tsweeney

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  This helps clear things up tremendously.

Best regards,

Richard Counts

0 Likes