BCM20732 sleep current consumption ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Can you please let me know the BCM20732 chipset’s sleep current consumption?

Thank you

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

The initial value provided was a liberal estimate.  The actual value is defined within the datasheet (see below) and varies within a nominal and maximum value.

.4uA sounds more like a deep sleep current value?

20732S-TRM-Power.png
Within Deep Sleep, no state information is maintained. The device can however be awaken by GPIO/ Keyscan /Quadrature sensors.  Our module also includes the ability to wake after configured time; with the internal clock, this value is anywhere from 64mS to ~36 Hrs - with an external 32 KHz xtal, 128mS - ~144 Hrs is possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Roughly 24uA using the internal power management found inside the BCM20732.

This will be lower using an external DC-DC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Thanks for your kindly response.

I think that the sleep current for 24uA is higher than other chipset, because I'm not sure that they are specified the Sleep mode current to under 0.4uA.

is it possible? as I understand that this kind of value will be avaiable in the Deep sleep mode.

Thank you

Daniel 

0 Likes

The initial value provided was a liberal estimate.  The actual value is defined within the datasheet (see below) and varies within a nominal and maximum value.

.4uA sounds more like a deep sleep current value?

20732S-TRM-Power.png
Within Deep Sleep, no state information is maintained. The device can however be awaken by GPIO/ Keyscan /Quadrature sensors.  Our module also includes the ability to wake after configured time; with the internal clock, this value is anywhere from 64mS to ~36 Hrs - with an external 32 KHz xtal, 128mS - ~144 Hrs is possible.

0 Likes