Any document for defining the packet format in advertising event?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can see samples from hello_sensor.c and also the parsing function inside blecen.c.

But do we have document for definition of all these packet format?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dunk.chen,

The definitions of the advertisement types are available at:

https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/assigned-numbers/generic-access-profile

The Core 4.1 Spec Section 2.3 ADVERTISING CHANNEL PDU (Page 2504/2684) also lists the details of the Advertising PDU's and the Flags field.

Does this answer your question?

JT

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Advertisement packets are sent on 3 channels which include 37, 38, and 39; these channels are 2.402GHz, 2.426GHz, and 2.480GHz respectively.

Four types of advertising events can be used, with each advertising event type having different sized advertising packets. These advertising packets can vary in length from 8 to 39 octets.

The basic format of a BLE packet looks like this:

BLE-Packet.png

The best place to obtain more detailed information is via the Bluetooth spec, which is available online here: Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that if I don't put question specifically.

From blecen.c, the function 'blecen_AdvDataParse' do some specific parsing from the advertising event.

Is there document for defining the format of these packet type, i.e. ADV_FLAGS, ADV_SERVICE_UUID16_COMP?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dunk.chen,

The definitions of the advertisement types are available at:

https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/assigned-numbers/generic-access-profile

The Core 4.1 Spec Section 2.3 ADVERTISING CHANNEL PDU (Page 2504/2684) also lists the details of the Advertising PDU's and the Flags field.

Does this answer your question?

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Great thanks for this.

This did answer my question.

0 Likes