BGT60LTR11AIP low-level C driver for STM32

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jaromir
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Hello all.

I have a trouble with driver for BGT60LTR11AIP. please Do you a lowLevel driver for radar chip? The best for me is  simple driver in C language. My Hw contain ARM cortexm0+ (STM32).

Than you for help

Jaromir

0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @Jaromir 

You can then only use the "Autonomous" BGT60LTR11AIP Shield, where you can use potentiometers to change the sensor configuration (threshold, holdtime). With the autonomous shield you can get a detection range between [0.5-7]m.

If you have already the DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP board, you can use the offred Python wrapper to change the sensor configuration and to get the detection status.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @Jaromir,

Please download the BGT60LTR11AIP package from Infineon Developer Center and the communication library is available for demo kit in the package (Radar BGT60LTR11AIP\2.8.1.202111260850\application\BGT60LTR11AIP-DOC-HW-SW\BGT60LTR11AIP-DOC-HW-SW_V2.8.1\SW) for python and Matlab.

I am really sorry to inform that C communication library is not available for BGT60LTR11AIP.

Thanks and regards

George

Hello George

I hope that driver exits for SAMD controller. the development board contain cortexM7 and radar chip. complete radar setting is done by SAMD controller

Jaromir

0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jaromir,

If you use the BGT60LTR11AIP "Autonomous mode", you will get directly the output of the radar sensor to indicate if a target is detected (TDet), and also the direction of motion of a detected target (PDet). Thus, you do not need any SPI low-level driver for the BGT60LTR11AIP.
Did you really need to enable the "SPI mode" ? What's your target application?

Best Regards,
Montassar.

Hello Montassar

My target application is home automation. I have to change the range of radar characteristic in initial sequence depends on user setting. the setting will be done either by potentiometer or by mobile app. the range will be 10cm for touchless switching or from 4 to 8 meters in case of presence detector.

Best regards

Jaromir

0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee

Hello @Jaromir 

You can then only use the "Autonomous" BGT60LTR11AIP Shield, where you can use potentiometers to change the sensor configuration (threshold, holdtime). With the autonomous shield you can get a detection range between [0.5-7]m.

If you have already the DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP board, you can use the offred Python wrapper to change the sensor configuration and to get the detection status.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hello @Jaromir,

As @Montassar-BR suggested you can use the shield in autonomous mode for your application.

Please refer to the application note AN608 (section-5, page-19 onwards) for changing the shield to autonomous mode and the resistor settings required for different detection ranges and hold times.

Best regards,

George

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Yes, I used this AN608 for create of our prototype HW design. System of STM is running now. But i'm looking for some radar's driver otherwise I will do it myself :). SPI communication is simple but list of radar's registers is so complex. 

0 Likes