MJPEG not supported by CX3 configuration utitlity?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had tried to generate CX3 project using CX3 configuration utility for OV5640 sensor with MJPEG data format. I have setup values for CX3 Receiver configuration tab based on the YUV2 configuration for OV5640. Then generated source using export option of CX3 Configuration - Source tab. This generates the necessary code. But in the generated code, the MIPI CSI data format is displayed as CY_U3p_CSI_DF_YUV422_8_2 even though selected data format is MJPEG.

Below is the part of code generated on CX3 Configuration - Source tab.

#include "cyu3mipicsi.h"

/* OV5640_MJPEG_5M: */

CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t OV5640_MJPEG_5M =

{

CY_U3P_CSI_DF_YUV422_8_2,  /* CyU3PMipicsiDataFormat_t dataFormat */

2,           /* uint8_t numDataLanes */

1,         /* uint8_t pllPrd */

}

Please let me know whether this tool supports CX3 project creation for MJPEG data format? If so, is the above mentioned part of code is correct? If not, what is the correct value?

Regards,

Krishnaraj

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes this tool supports MJPEG format.

Please create a Tech Support case, so that we can get to know what sensor you are using and suggest you a configuration.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

I have created a Tech support case 00277301. Please suggest a configuration/example project for streaming MJPEG video using OV5640 image sensor.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

I have created two technical support cases #00277301 regarding the issues I am facing with 720P with 10 FPS using USB 2.0 and another  #00278925 regarding request for OV5640 image sensor source code with MJPEG support. I had raised these cases in the last week and didn't get much response. This is an urgent requirement for us. Could you please look into these or request the responsible persons to look into this as soon as possible?

Thank  you in advance,

Krishnaraj

0 Likes