Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit (S6SAE101A00SA1002 ) Examples download query

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just querying the installation process for the (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) package as found in the "Related Files" section at the bottom of this page.

For some reason the Cypress Update Manager shows a "Network Error" next to the software I downloaded. As someone new to the Cypress IDE and related design software, is this something I simply ignore or is there a fix for this.

For record, I completed following steps:

After successfully downloading an application file (SOLARPOWEREDKITSetupOnlyPackage.exe), I clicked to install. This opens up an InstallShield wizard and you are requested to choose type of install (typical, custom, or complete).

This then installs " Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit 1.0 Rev.** " An explanation is provided "The package includes example projects created using the PSoC Creator IDE. Hardware schematics and other design files are also included. A quick start and users guide are available to get familiar with the projects and hardware that comes in the kit."

Once complete a new dialog box opens offering choice to open up the release notes etc. and open up the PSoC Creator. This all seems to work fine.

Now, I see that no information is provided as to what was installed here. The Release Notes do not list out exactly which files were downloaded and where they are stored etc. so cannot cross reference. Opening up the Cypress folder on my computer I can see that there is now a new folder called "Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit" and within this folder there is another folder called "1.0".

Within this folder there are other folders, which I see are later referenced in the user manual.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Strange. What puzzles me is that the project named in the error-window has nothing to do with your Solar Powered IoT Device Kit. I have got four example projects listed and none of them is related to an UART_Bootloader project.

I suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Same error with my installation, I always ignore those.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's good to know.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I decided to add to this thread as I am getting another error message on PSoC Creator at the very next stage of trying to get to use the examples I downloaded with this kit. I wish to find out why am I getting the error message.

On my PSoC Creator start page, I have as shown in attachment 4 examples listed under the header "Examples and Kits" for my Solar Powered IoT Device Kit. If I click on any of these examples, it asks me to choose a location to copy the sample project.

I do so and then I am confronted with the error message "Unable to open the project.... Could not find a part of the path ". This error message comes up no matter where I install (tried numerous locations). Not sure why it cannot find "a part" of the path. Search online for this error message and you find this is typically linked to a C# coding issue.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Strange. What puzzles me is that the project named in the error-window has nothing to do with your Solar Powered IoT Device Kit. I have got four example projects listed and none of them is related to an UART_Bootloader project.

I suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

Thanks for your insight and feedback. Yes I hadn't picked that up. I was so focused on the message that I hadn't spotted what it was doing afterwards. It appears to attach UART_Bootloader to all of those 4 projects. See attachment.

I found a quick fix by simply deleting that offending file from the project within workspace explorer and it removes the error. Not sure if that bootloader is still needed for some other purpose. We'll find out soon enough.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The bootloader is a component that allows to update a project at customer's site without using a programming device as the Kitprog or Miniprog3.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought to update my original post, as I finally made progress resolving the issues described above, regarding not finding UART_Bootloader (note you need this file - so don't delete) and then, as discovered later, problems with building the examples.

Firstly, I discovered that the initial installation process of the project examples, does install all the files that you need. I attach an image showing subfolders within my main Cypress folder.

For some reason PSoC Creator does not then copy this folder across into your workspace when you select any of the projects listed under Solar Powered IoT Device Kit project examples.

To resolve this issue, simply manually copy the UART_Bootloader subfolder from the Cypress folder into your workspace directory, as shown (see attached image).

I then thought I was home and dry. However when I tried building the project it threw up a few errors. In my case, this related to the project bootloadable dependencies for the UART_bootloader hex and elf files. See attached image. You can simply manually change these dependencies by selecting browse... and search within the UART_Bootloader/CortexM0/ARM_GCC_493 folder. The project then builds.