error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi,

I have had PSoC Creator 3.2 working on my PC previously, and I have 3.3 working on another PC.

However, I recently re-installed Windows Vista on this PC, and then installed PSoC Creator with Admin rights. The problem is now, I get this error whenever I try to compile a PSoC4 project:

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

This happens with *all* projects using the arm compiler, including projects which were previously working, and also all example projects.

I have tried doing a repair install, and a full uninstall and re-install. But that didn't make any difference. I have also tried some of the advice I've seen on the other two threads regarding this problem: Adding gcc.exe's path to the Windows Path, etc. But nothing has helped.

Has anyone actually solved this problem?

Hugo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Some leftovers from a de-installation probably. Cypress has got a script to clear the registry, so create a Support Case (at top of this page click on "Design Support" and select "Create a Support Case"

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Some leftovers from a de-installation probably. Cypress has got a script to clear the registry, so create a Support Case (at top of this page click on "Design Support" and select "Create a Support Case"

Bob

0 Likes
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bob,

No, it can't be that. As I said, this was a *fresh* install of PSoC Creator 3.3 on a freshly installed copy of Windows Vista.

Hugo

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No update features from older registry entries used when installing? Did you use the default path or did you change that? Did you install GCC separately or did you use the provided toolchain? All installations on a local drive, no network involved? No  VmWare??

Bob

0 Likes

> No update features from older registry entries used when installing?
Nope. Like I said, it was a fresh install of PSoC Creator on a fresh install of Windows on a formatted HD.

> Did you use the default path or did you change that?
I changed it from C: to 😧

> Did you install GCC separately or did you use the provided toolchain?
I did a "Complete" install of PSoC Creator, and did not install GCC separately.

> All installations on a local drive, no network involved? No  VmWare??
No network, no VM ware.

Hugo   
0 Likes
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5

I just tried uninstalling, and reinstalling it on C: and it still gives the same error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I am experiencing the same error with PSOC creator 3.3 on Windows 10 . It was all working a week ago and now I'm getting the error "error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory" resulting in a build error - command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'. I have been going through all the forms with no luck. Could someone please tell me some ways to fix my problem? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to create a support case: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem. Leave phone number and timezone, they will get in contact with you.

Bob

0 Likes