build errors on deleted TopDesign objects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shma_1221561
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hi folks!

This seems like a bug - but I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking something obvious.  I seem to keep stepping in the same hole and can't get out.

In PSoC Creator (v4.2, but has happened on earlier versions, too) I'll get build errors that refer to schematic objects that I've deleted and can no longer see on the schematic.  Often, it seems that I'll exceed the Resource limits (often UDB related) at the same time that I get an error for a missing Clock connection (for example).  Then, I'll delete the schematic object with the offending missing clock.  But, the same error remains.

A Clean and Build doesn't correct it.  Neither does close and reopen the project.

I end up selectively cut/pasting the parts that I want into another project to continue.  If I <ctrl-a> Select All to copy, it will copy the offending object that I can no longer see, which I obviously don't want in another project.

But that is getting too burdensome on big projects where I'm at the edge of resource constraints all the time.

I've attached an example project to demonstrate what happens.

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete all components from TopDesign and build an empty project. The UDB resource information can now be used normally.

I think once it exceeds the UDB resource, something bad information seems to be left.

0 Likes

That is, effectively, what I do each time.  It gets a lot tedious on 8-page TopDesigns. 

Disappointing, when, otherwise, PSoC Creator is fantastic enough for me to run Windows just for it.

But, now that I have an example project to demonstrate it,

how do we go about filing a bug around here?  It is time I look that up.

Thanks, anyway.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have forwarded your query to our product development team, who will evaluate your query.

Thank you for your interest in Cypress products

Regards

Toshifumi Yoshioka

0 Likes

thank you very much!

0 Likes