WaveDAC8 component.  Easy waveform generation with no CPU overhead.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

The WaveDAC8 component is a simple component to generate waveforms using the PSoC3/5 DACs and DMA.  It has a nice GUI so the waveform can be generated visually. This component is a good demonstration how the DMA can really offload work from the CPU.  For more information see application note AN69133.

Enjoy!

Mark

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks this is very usefull component.

Great work 🙂

Kamil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sir, 

Can you please tell me how should make the WaveDAC8?

I know the circuit diagram of WaveDAC8 but i can not find the "NO CONNECT" and i also can not make the symbol of it.

So kindly help me with that.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Did you look at the AppNote? You need to import the component into your project, then you can add it to the schematic.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i have seen there but it is not there.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

What is not there - the AppNote or the component? For the former - I just tested that its there. If its the latter - did you follow the steps from the AppNote to import it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is possible to get the component? Isn't possible to add it to the library? (I'm using PSoC Creator 2.2)

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@fransisco: same question to you: did you read the AppNote? On the page there is the download with the component, and a detailed explanation of how to include it in Creatopr and your project.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I came across this component and was trying it out.

I simply created a project that generates a sine wave of 1 Hz [....as simple as that].

But when I checked the output on a CRO, the result wasn't as expexcted.

I was getting a sine wave But not a proper one...........The upper half of the wave was fine but the amplitude of the lower half was reduced.

What could be the reason for this?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Can you post a picture of output waveform ?

Is scope DC coupled on vertical amplifier ? Keep in mind

the wavform output has both an AC and DC component, the

DC being its offset, the AC being its peak to peak value. Note

if you are AC coupled many scopes cannot handle 1 Hz as its

intrinsic vertical frequency response.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The problem is solved now...... The error was that I was checking the output on PORT1 of PSoC3 which is a digital port set at 3.3volts....thats why the sine wave amplitude of 4 volt was clipped to 3.3 volts....and so the distorted wave..... Another reason why it should be clearly mentioned that even if a pin is configured as analog in the schematic, it will give a voltage corresponding to digital bank if we give it to a digital port.[as discussed in another forum post.]   
0 Likes