PSoC Programmer Device Mismatch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Attempting to program the PSoC 5LP from the CY8CKIT-059 with the device programmer and PSoC Programmer program through the 5 pin SWD option. The program does detect the correct device CY8C5888LTI-LP097 but when the programming  function is selected, it errors saying the the hex file doesn't match the detected device. If I program the part inside PSoC Creator 4.2, it does work. A secondary problem is that if I select +5V, a warning pops up that says the part will be damaged but I select 'Continue' anyway. Not sure what to do to use the programmer and would like to figure it out for the sake of manufacturing.

Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Are you quite sure you do not attempt to program the PSoC5 residing on the snap-off Kitprog?

Bob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Are you quite sure you do not attempt to program the PSoC5 residing on the snap-off Kitprog?

Bob

Hi Bob,

No, the snap-off has been snapped off. The CPU device number is that which is silk-screened on the Kit board above the chip and shown on the schematic: CY8C5888LTI-LP097. I'm using the Mini-Prog3, which has the latest firmware according the GUI's Utilities>Upgrade Firmware. Connected to a 5-Pin header on the end of the board where the snap-off used to be.

There is no problem programming it with the MiniProg from PSoC Creator 4.2.

Is it possible to see a screen shot of the GUI with settings that are known to work?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

I looked at the part in Creator and found that it was in fact the snap-off device part number. The program was from someone else and I assumed everything was ok. The resolution was to select the proper device in the Creator and recompile. This created the proper hex file.

Thanks, you got pointed in the right direction as you have so many times before.

Nick

0 Likes