PSoC Creator Crashes On Debug - "Illegal Characters In Path"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon entering debug mode in PSoC Creator, it crashes, giving the general and not-very-helpful error message "psoc_creator.exe" has stopped working.

The project I am trying to debug compiles/builds fine. I have restarted the computer and get the same error.

Using Visual Studio to investigate further, the actual exception thrown is "ArgumentException" and the info is "Illegal characters in path". I could probably get more information (like the path string which caused the exception) from Visual Studio but I don't know what to look for.

My project is in a folder with spaces in the path name, but that hasn't been an issue before. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In one of the older versions of Creator I had a similar problem. Spaces within the path or file-name could cause an errormessage like that and - as in my case- language-specific characters did the job. Accepted by windows, but not within creator, but seemes to be fixed with 2.2

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using PSoC Creator v2.2. Weird, I have used spaces in the path in the past and they have worked fine?

0 Likes