PSoC Creator 4.2 device selector

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DiKr_1275001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have project build with PSoC Creator 4.1 update 1, for CY8C4245AZI-M433 - project is working fine on real device.

When i have try to build this project with PSoC Creator 4.2 i have error - Pin Error: (Function SCB.i2c_sda cannot be reached from this pin).

After several hours of digging i find out that the device selector are different - mean the same IC is described different, for instance CY8C4245AZI-M433 have 4 communication block according PSoC Creator 4.1 device selector and have 3 communication block according PSoC Creator 4.2 device selector.

This is obvious bug, because the real IC have 4 communication block and they worked.

Can some one explain me how to fix this?

if already exist such topic, please excuse me i didn't find it.

Regards

D.Krastev

0 Likes
1 Solution
DiKr_1275001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rakshith,

maybe I'm not express my self correctly, i have running project build with PSoC Creator 4.1 using 3 SCB modules, when try to rebuild this project with PSoC Creator 4.2 i have this error that the function is not accessible trough those pins. After some digging i find out that the device selector describes the same device different in different PSoC Creator, this not allow me to use  4.2  for further development of this project.

Any who, i solve this issue. In PSoC Creator 4.2 i load my project after that i run Tools->Find new devices, after that the magic happen some how the device selector have proper description for my IC and build was successful.

Thanks for your time trying to reproduce my topic.

Dimitar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi DiKr_1275001​,

I tried using 4 SCB blocks in PSoC Creator 4.1 Update 1 and tried building the project. I got a pin placement error as shown -

pastedImage_1.png

The device can support 4 SCBs but the placement of the pins connected to the SCB results in failure. This was a known issue and has been updated in the PSoC Creator 4.2 which is why you cannot access 4 SCBs in PSoC Creator 4.2. The datasheet also tells that there are only 3 SCB blocks that can be accessed.

pastedImage_73.png

Hope this clears the confusion. You can use 3 SCBs and 1 UDB block as shown.

pastedImage_74.png

If you are able to build the project (with 4 SCB blocks) in PSoC Creator 4.1 successfully without any errors, please share the project so that I can try building the same project.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
DiKr_1275001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rakshith,

maybe I'm not express my self correctly, i have running project build with PSoC Creator 4.1 using 3 SCB modules, when try to rebuild this project with PSoC Creator 4.2 i have this error that the function is not accessible trough those pins. After some digging i find out that the device selector describes the same device different in different PSoC Creator, this not allow me to use  4.2  for further development of this project.

Any who, i solve this issue. In PSoC Creator 4.2 i load my project after that i run Tools->Find new devices, after that the magic happen some how the device selector have proper description for my IC and build was successful.

Thanks for your time trying to reproduce my topic.

Dimitar

0 Likes

Hi DiKr_1275001,

I am glad that your issue is resolved

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes