PSoC Creator 4.1: Text file font color does not change from black

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi all,

I've got a fairly minor issue with PSoC Creator 4.1.

I have a project information text (.txt) file I use to keep a text change log for projects.  I normally code in a "dark" theme as I find it easier on the eyes.  I'd like to have the text editor in Creator do have the same color scheme (or at the very least just a dark background with white text).

I go to the Tools>Options>Text Editor>Fonts and Colors menu and select "Other" for the file type.  I choose a different background color, a dark grey, and this works fine when I hit apply.  However it looks like adjusting Item Foreground color does not have any effect when hitting Apply, and even restarting Creator after changing the setting doesn't apply it.  See the attached screen capture, you can see the text color does not match the settings:

pastedImage_0.png

Is this a known issue?  Something wrong only with my setup?  Fixed in 4.2?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We are able to recreate this behavior in PSoC Creator 4.2 as well. We have reported this to the product team and this under the review. We thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,

Hima

Calu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given Welcome!

Are there any updates on this? 

I am still unable to set up a dark theme in PSoC Creator 4.4 (or change font colors at all for that matter)

0 Likes