PSoC Creater 4.2 Startup Error - Newbie

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
asah_1586556
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Upon startup of psoc_creator 4.2 i get the following

An error occurred loading a critical part definition file: (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Xml.XmlReader.CalcBufferSize(Stream input)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InitStreamInput(Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, Encoding encoding)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String url, Stream input, XmlNameTable nt)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.DeviceDb.Catalog.CyDcMiscArch.Parse(String miscArchFile)).

was fine for few week of use.

Running Window 10 on Dell

Apologies in advance if this is something simple that is dealt before. My search didnt show up anything relevant

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Do you see any file of the name <workspace_name>.cywrk.<your_name>? It is an XML file which is created whenever a new workspace is created. Please check if you have that file. I will attach a file for your reference. If yes, please delete that file and start your project again. Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I think this error is specific to a project which might be failing to load. Do you have any other projects? If yes, can you try opening any other project in PSoC Creator by clicking on the <project_name>.cyprj file and then checking if you have any error?

If you still face the error, I think your install is corrupted and you might need a fresh install.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach

Thanks Dheeraj,

Tried the following in this order:

1. Opening the Creator IDE implicitly by opening a different .cypr file

2. Delete all cypress related AppData files

3. Uninstalling cypress creator and reinstalling creator 4.2

Still the same startup error

Asif

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
lock attach

Do you see any file of the name <workspace_name>.cywrk.<your_name>? It is an XML file which is created whenever a new workspace is created. Please check if you have that file. I will attach a file for your reference. If yes, please delete that file and start your project again. Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes