PSOC selection. Ports availibility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking for a PSOC , doesnt matter what version, but I need it to have USB, CAN, SPI & I2C.

The family datasheets for PSOC3, mentions all of them , leaving the impression that they are all available in a single chip, but a part search does not indicate this.

Also the part search says dedicated ports, which I assume would be pins used specifically per that particular port. I do not mind if the pins are shared among different ports.

So, my help from more experienced users with PSOC would be, is there any PSOC that has all these ports available?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

I would suggest you to use a more modern PSoC5. Cheapest entry into the PSoC world would be to get a CY8CKIT-059 which satisfies all your needs. Download and install Cypress Creator and select the CY8C5599LTI-LP097 as target device (that on the kit) and place all components you need on the topdesign. Open each one and configure it. Build the project and try to remove errors and warnings. When got stuck, attach a workspace bundle to your question in your post.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

You can use a filter to select the device.
Project->Device Selector..
you can still use the Start Auto Select, but it is a very long process.

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

I would suggest you to use a more modern PSoC5. Cheapest entry into the PSoC world would be to get a CY8CKIT-059 which satisfies all your needs. Download and install Cypress Creator and select the CY8C5599LTI-LP097 as target device (that on the kit) and place all components you need on the topdesign. Open each one and configure it. Build the project and try to remove errors and warnings. When got stuck, attach a workspace bundle to your question in your post.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pavloven,

you cleared some thoughts of mine.

Here is product selection guide:

http://www.cypress.com/search/psg/1277#/?_facetShow=fs_pno_of_can_controllers,fs_pno_of_dedicated_sp...

After I export, something like in the picture shows up. Please see psoc selection.

Anyway, choose a chip, CY8C3866AXI-208T, and if you click in the excel the first tab, some page from psoc 4 will open. I think this is a misdirect that Cypress should fix. If you click at the datasheet column, the proper page opens.

Anyway, once you open the datasheet, you will get to see some ports available. You can see that USB and CAN seem to have a dedicated circuitry. 

I understand that the chip has more ports, but my other concern is: do they have dedicated circuitry for SPI /I2C are are done by software or software components ?

By the way, where do you get that type of part selection that you had in your picture?

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

USB  CAN  SPI  I2C is software/hardware component described in the TRM:
http://ecologylab.net/courses/sensoryInterfaces/resources/PSoCTRM.pdf
type of part is selected when creating a project (if I understood correctly translated)
Perhaps it will be easier if you to create a simple project even without the software of.

0 Likes