Iam Using PSOC 5 First touch starter kit, which version of PSOC creator and PSOC programmer should be used to support that?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anjac_956951
Level 1
Level 1

Iam Using PSOC 5 First touch starter kit, which version of PSOC creator and PSOC programmer should be used to support that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Some years ago there has been a board exchange program for the obsolete PSoC5 because the chip had some internal errors.

The CY8CKit-059 is affordable and up-to-date, so my suggestion: Use it

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When your board contains a PSoC 5 LP chip you may use the latest Creator versions (4.2). When not, your board is obsolete and I wouldsuggest you to buy a new CY8CKIT-059.

Bob

0 Likes

My board contains PSoC5. There should be some alternative right. I can use older versions of PSOC creator and programmer right where psoc5 device is supported. Why I should buy a new one again?

0 Likes

Some years ago there has been a board exchange program for the obsolete PSoC5 because the chip had some internal errors.

The CY8CKit-059 is affordable and up-to-date, so my suggestion: Use it

Bob

0 Likes

Hi,

Bob's right.  Try your First Touch kit and PsoC Creator 4.2.  If it doesn't work it might pay to switch to a later PSoC dev kit.  CY8CKit-059  is highly functional, well supported on this forum (discussions and examples) and for US $10 directly from Cypress, it's hard to beat.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes