How to initialize debug target settings

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
japac_1817436
Level 1
Level 1

I am using MiniProg3 and PSoC Creator 4.2 to program my custom board.

Everything was working fine until I changed the 'Programming Mode' to 'Power Cycle'. Not only that I cannot acquire the target, the power on the MiniProg3 just keeps toggling on and off. PSoC Creator is unresponsive during this period and the only way to stop this is to unplug the MiniProg3.

I can successfully flash my target using PSoC Programmer in both 'Power Cycle' mode and 'Reset' mode. I have tried reinstalling PSoC Creator but the settings have not been initialized.

Is there a way to initialize the debug target settings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi jaemann.park_1817436​,

Can you try the following.

In PSoC Creator, Tools -> Options -> Program / Debug ->  Port configuration -> Mini Prog3 and change your settings.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In Creator -> Debug -> Select debug target you have the choice do do some settings for the miniprog.

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem.

When I select 'Select Debug Target' with the Miniprog connected to the PC, PSoC Creator becomes unresponsive. During this time, the power LED on the Miniprog, the red one, turns on and off. The only way to stop this is to un-connect the Miniprog.

Without the Miniprog connected to the PC, I see no devices in the 'Select Debug Target' window and thus cannot change any of the configurations.

0 Likes

Hi jaemann.park_1817436​,

Can you try the following.

In PSoC Creator, Tools -> Options -> Program / Debug ->  Port configuration -> Mini Prog3 and change your settings.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes