How to control gpio bridge pins of kitprog 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qczek
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

Is it any redy to use windows command line tool making possible simply set/reset one of the pin of kitprog 3 device?

I would like to use it to power up a device I want to access using SWD interface just few milliseconds before starting openocd session...

Thank you in advance 

Kris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you,

All the wires are shorter then 5cm. Probably all the modules I got have locked SWD. Finally I reached to the man, who was able to connect same module, and he also said, that he had a problem with one batch of the modules. Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Kris, 

Unfortunately, we do not have a tool that sets a KitProg3 GPIO. Which target device are you using? According to my understanding, the device is not externally powered and should be powered by the programmer and you would like to power it on before initiating the OpenOCD sequence. Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct?
Also, can you please let me know if you have access to a MiniProg4 device? In that case, we can enable target power before acquiring the device.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
qczek
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Thank you for your quick answer.

I'm trying to connect to E78 868LN22S module based on ASR6501 MCU. I know that you are not supporting this device, but some users claim that, ware able to connect using kitprog 3 device.

(see https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/ebyte-e78-and-ttn-v3/43594 )

But even more have problems with connection. Me either. The module is powerver by external 3.3V power supply, and a diode from kitprog 3 device is removed, to not provide 5v usb voltage to a  VTARG pin. The VTARG pin is connected to 3.3V to let kitprog3 know what should be GPIO voltage.

I was trying many many times switching on and off the module, and only once i was able to connect.

I use openocd provided by cypress, and it looks like different then used by the user who reported successful connection.

My goal is to SWD connect to the module, clear flash memory and upload my firmware. Because I was able to connect once, my assumption is that, an existing firmware somehow blocks the SWD pins, but maybe if would be able start SWD connection just few milliseconds after powering up, the SWD pins would be not locked.

If it's not possible, maybe i would try to compile cypress openocd on rpi linux, and then use rpi gpio together with openocd...

Thank you in advance

Kris

0 Likes

Hello.

Since you were able to communicate 1 time with module, I suspect the following:
Please check that SWD wires are not longer than 5cm, at most 10cm.  SWD does not operate reliably with long wires.

0 Likes

Thank you,

All the wires are shorter then 5cm. Probably all the modules I got have locked SWD. Finally I reached to the man, who was able to connect same module, and he also said, that he had a problem with one batch of the modules. Thank you for your support.

0 Likes

Hello.

If the SWD pins are locked, it usually means you need to use the Power Cycle programming method.  See this link:
https://community.cypress.com/t5/Code-Examples/Solution-Use-Kitprog-to-Program-PSoC-4000-without-XRE...

Someone else was using this same module and that's how they managed to get it to program.

Good luck with your project.

Thank you very much i will try.

Kris

0 Likes