Develop customizer in Visual Studio and import into custom component in Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

I'm following the develop of a custom component and i would like to add a customizer to it, i had search here on the forum and founded how to import a component customizer into Visual Studio, change it and saw the changes reflected into the customizer running in PSoC Creator.

Also found an SimpleDialog customizer example on the Creator installation directory.

What i haven't found is if it's possible to develop the customizer in VS and then import it to the custom component, i'm new to VS and C# and i think this issue is more related to VS than to Creator.

Has somebody developed a customizer for a custom component already?

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Follow these steps-

1.Take an existing customizer as a base, because a lot of code is reused across customizers. Follow the steps from the video to import an existing customizer into VS. For example, the DMA_Channel_P4_v1_0  component can be used.
2.Add these customizer source files into the new component in Creator using Add Component Item dialog. Note that only one file can be added at once.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

You can import a PSoC Creator Component Customizer into Visual Studio-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2C_4WlEtKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgIdmxMRkU

Just check the .NET FrameWork4.0 is required for PSoC Creator4.0

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Yes i knew that it's possible to import customizers from Creator into VS, i was looking if it's possible to start developing the customizer in VS and then importing it into Creator.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Follow these steps-

1.Take an existing customizer as a base, because a lot of code is reused across customizers. Follow the steps from the video to import an existing customizer into VS. For example, the DMA_Channel_P4_v1_0  component can be used.
2.Add these customizer source files into the new component in Creator using Add Component Item dialog. Note that only one file can be added at once.

0 Likes