Design Wide Resources File Error: "Unknown Archive Format"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoRo_3281831
Level 1
Level 1
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I have a previously-working project which I recently tried to open after being dormant for many months, and when I try to open the project I get the following dialog box:

I can dismiss the box, but all of my pin assignments and other settings in the CYDWR file are gone.

How do I recover from this error?  What does thi

image.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

This type of error might appear if a project created in Creator 4.1+ has been attempted to open using Creator 4.0 or earlier version. This attempt corrupts schematic files. Any attempt to open the project using Creator 4.1+ will also fail. You may try to restore project from archive (if you made one), otherwise you have to rebuild it from scratch - fortunately, you can copy *.C and *.H files, which are OK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @RoRo_3281831 ,

Kindly try to open the project file using the same version of PSoC Creator used last. Run a chkdsk on the drive containing this project. If there are any errors in the filesystem, it may be corrected by chkdsk. You would be required to use the /F switch to make any corrections in the disk.

For safety reasons, it is advisable to keep multiple back up copies of the project. Do kindly share your project with us. We will try to see if we can salvage the DWR file.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

This type of error might appear if a project created in Creator 4.1+ has been attempted to open using Creator 4.0 or earlier version. This attempt corrupts schematic files. Any attempt to open the project using Creator 4.1+ will also fail. You may try to restore project from archive (if you made one), otherwise you have to rebuild it from scratch - fortunately, you can copy *.C and *.H files, which are OK.

0 Likes