Customization of keyboard shortcuts lost in PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I customize some keyboard shortcuts in PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2 (see here). After a while (not in the same session), PSoC Creator will lose my customizations (i.e. I have to assign shortcut keys again). If I recall correctly, I also encountered this problem in PSoC Creator 3.2. Has anyone encountered this problem before? 

Thanks,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

This issue is not reproducible,I tried to create a Shortcut in PC4.0 with PC having Windows10,put the system on sleep(while PC4.0 was open) .

After the system woke up from sleep ,Shorcut settings was still there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Fred.

As far as I remember there was nothing similar posted yet. Can you associate the lost of the definitions with any OS action you did (File cleaning, registry change etc.)

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

I don't really have actions associated with it. It happens when I'm in PSoC Creator for a while and I close/reopen the program (e.g. I open it one day, leave it open until the next day, and on the next day I close/reopen PSoC Creator). PSoC Creator doesn't do this after every close/reopen sequence. Also, I've just tested after a reboot of my computer and my shortcuts were still working (i.e. PSoC Creator didn't lose my customization).

I think it's worth noting that I'm running PSoC Creator on a Bootcamp partition of my MacBook Pro, although I don't know if that could affect my problem. I'm also running this on Windows 10.

Fred

Edit: I've resubmitted this comment as a reply to your answer instead of a standalone comment.

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

Yesterday, I turned off my computer and this morning, PSoC Creator still has my configuration. I'm beginning to think that my problem occurs when my computer goes to sleep when PSoC Creator is open. I will need to test this further.

If that is the case, do you have an idea as to why this happens?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

I haven't heard any news since the last time I posted. Do you have any clues as to why this occurs to me?

Fred

0 Likes

No further clue. Sounds a bit like an OS issue.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

The CYUSB3KET003's LED2 stays ON whatever it connected to a USB2.0 or USB3.0 host port. I don't know why,can you help me? Thanks.

0 Likes

How is your question related to the keyboard shortcut settings?

Bob

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

This issue is not reproducible,I tried to create a Shortcut in PC4.0 with PC having Windows10,put the system on sleep(while PC4.0 was open) .

After the system woke up from sleep ,Shorcut settings was still there.

0 Likes
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I want to flag this problem again. I am now running from a real Windows computer (whereas before I was running on Bootcamp from a Macbook) and my version of PSoC Creator is now 4.1. I still randomly get this problem. I think it's related to sleep, but not everytime the computer goes in sleep. I thought it was when I was changing branch in our source control software and needed to reload the projects, but then again it's not that. Has anyone experienced this?

0 Likes