Compile project from command line

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ricardoquesada
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, I'm using PSoC Creator 4.4.

In case it helps I'm targeting PSoC 5LP. And I can compile my project from IDE without any problem.

But I want to integrate my project into a "builder",  and thus, I need to compile my project from command line.

What's the best approach to do it? Many thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I have no experience doing this, but there are command line tools that you can put into a text script to invoke Creator tools.

Look inside the PSoC Creator User Guide for the chapter on "CyPrjMgr Command Line Tool".  You'll also want to review "CyHexTool Command Line Tool " and "CyElfTool Command Line Tool", all in the same PSoC Creator User Guide.  And, there are examples!

Good luck with your project building.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I have no experience doing this, but there are command line tools that you can put into a text script to invoke Creator tools.

Look inside the PSoC Creator User Guide for the chapter on "CyPrjMgr Command Line Tool".  You'll also want to review "CyHexTool Command Line Tool " and "CyElfTool Command Line Tool", all in the same PSoC Creator User Guide.  And, there are examples!

Good luck with your project building.

ricardoquesada
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks!

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

ricardo,

I'm glad came up with a useable solution.

In addition, when you are building the project, the "Output" window pushes the CLI command line that invokes that phase of the build.

Therefore if you copy the "Output" window text and remove the command results, you can extract the actual commands and arguments being used. 

You can use this filtered output to create a batch file.  With some extra work, you can use local environment variables in place of the long absolute paths.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
ricardoquesada
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Len. Useful info!

0 Likes