CAN Communication in PSOC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shilpasonone04
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hello All,

I am trying to develop my module using CAN Communication Protocol, Here I am using CY8C4147AZI-S465 and for CAN Communication MCP2551. But it shows warning message and communication is not happen

I have attached my code and clock setting image belove.

Any Help will be highly appreciated

Regards,

LP

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @shilpasonone04 

The CAN component requires an accuracy of 1.58% to achieve a baud rate of 125kbps (or slower bit rates). An accuracy of 0.5% or better would be required for bit-rates faster than 125kbps. It is not possible to achieve this accuracy with IMO (which is +/-2%) or any other internal clock.

The CAN Component is connected to the  SYSCLK (PSoC 4) clock signal. It would be required to use the EXTCLK, ECO or use WCO to trim IMO and use it as a source of Sysclk as can be seen in the image below.

Ekta_0-1643002263847.png

You can refer to this KBA: Control-Area-Network-CAN-Protocol-Troubleshooting-Guide-for-PSoC for more information on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hello @shilpasonone04 

The CAN component requires an accuracy of 1.58% to achieve a baud rate of 125kbps (or slower bit rates). An accuracy of 0.5% or better would be required for bit-rates faster than 125kbps. It is not possible to achieve this accuracy with IMO (which is +/-2%) or any other internal clock.

The CAN Component is connected to the  SYSCLK (PSoC 4) clock signal. It would be required to use the EXTCLK, ECO or use WCO to trim IMO and use it as a source of Sysclk as can be seen in the image below.

Ekta_0-1643002263847.png

You can refer to this KBA: Control-Area-Network-CAN-Protocol-Troubleshooting-Guide-for-PSoC for more information on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
shilpasonone04
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Thank you for your support, I tried this in my project. I am using CY8C4147AZI-S465 IC for CAN Communication and I want a baud rate of 500kbps for that I need to connect the External Crystal Oscillator (WCO)  of 32.768KHz. But how can I connect this crystal to my IC as an external clock?

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi @shilpasonone04 

Sorry I missed replying to your last response.

You can use a 32.768-kHz watch crystal oscillator(WCO) along with PSoC. In case you want to interface ECO you can interface 4-MHz to 33.33-MHz ECO.
PSoC 4100S Architecture TRM and Hardware design consideration guide contains more details regarding interfacing the WCO or ECO.

You can also refer to the schematic of the CY8CKIT-149 (which contains the 4100s device) to see how the WCO and WCO has been interfaced with it.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes