arm-gcc, (macOS/linux dev support)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Looking forward to the PSoC 6 launch!

Would be great if we can see support for a 100% command-line tool chain that doesn't depend on Windows (nor virtual machines).

Would be great to see this option in the near future as I believe it will make these parts more attractive to open source RTOS'es & a much wider audience.

best /david

1 Solution
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

It's possible to work from the command line after and only after generating the synthesis and place and route of the programmable logic.

The only FOSS project capable of doing those steps (i think) is Yosys, but somebody have to integrate PSoC support for that, i don't know if it will be available on the near time frame tho, i hope i'm wrong and somebody is already working on that .

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

It's possible to work from the command line after and only after generating the synthesis and place and route of the programmable logic.

The only FOSS project capable of doing those steps (i think) is Yosys, but somebody have to integrate PSoC support for that, i don't know if it will be available on the near time frame tho, i hope i'm wrong and somebody is already working on that .

Great

any leads on how to set things up?

i.e. Tools for the build & flash procedures

/d

0 Likes

Creator can generate Makefiles based on the settings of the project, you can generate them and use it from the command line,

Check the PSoC Creator documentation.

Remember you still need Windows-only tools for the sinthesis and place and route.

0 Likes

Ping team cypress. How about a Github repo for the new PSoC 6 to allow terminal only compile & flash from win/macos/linux. This would be much appreciated.

0 Likes