Wave Generation from two VDAC Using DMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'd like to generate a sine and cosine wave from VDAC. I followed the example project using DMA for a VDAC to generate a sine wave. It worked.

When I make a second VDAC with DMA to generate a cosine wave, I have a bunch of error, most related with connection for clock and resource limit - the max number of CTDAC exceeded.

I followed several ways to generate multiple waves. Those are for old version of PSOC so didn't work.

Q1) Why can the clock not be shared to two VDAC12?

Q2) Can VDAC12 be used only once in PSOC6?

Q3) Eventually, how can I generate multiple sine and cosine waves from PSOC6?

I attached my designe with errors.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

JY

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC6 has got two 7 bit current DACs and one 12 bit VDAC. So you can only instanciate one of the VDACs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC6 has got two 7 bit current DACs and one 12 bit VDAC. So you can only instanciate one of the VDACs.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your answer. I was on a trip so I could not say thanks earlier.

I knew that PSOC6 has on 12bit VDAC but I thought that it could be used multiple times because I saw that 4 VDAC8s were used when I looked some designs of VDAC8 from PSOC4&5.

Based on your answer, it is not possible to generate multiple waves from PSOC6. I wanted to generate two sine waves to operate two motors.

Thanks again.

JY

0 Likes

Hi JY,

what do you think about using an analog multiplexer for your VDAC output signal?

You could switch between the digitally inputs and the VDAC outputs synchronously.

Best regards, Wolfgang Kiefer

Multiplex.jpg

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I cannot use the analog multiplexer because I need to generate two signals simultaneously.

Eventually, one signal should be sine wave and the other should be cosine to control two motors.

JY

0 Likes

Use 2 IDACs. For motor control application the 7-bit IDAC should be sufficient.