Unable to program psoc6 using Modus toolbox.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vivec_4189616
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a problem while programming my PSOC6 BLE Pioneer Kit board. I am using Modus Toolbox to program and i have also updated the firmware to Kitprog3 using 'fw-loader' .

I have also attached the screenshot.

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

You aren't getting the silicon revision because you are using the old version (probably 3.27) of PSoC Programmer. Please use PSoC Programmer 3.28 . But since the board revision is 11 as you mentioned, it is an old revision and it will not work with ModusToolbox as seen from the table.

You will need a replacement kit and Cypress will be contacting you shortly.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please use PSoC Programmer 3.28​ and determine the Silicon Revision by using the EraseAll option as shown below:

product_page_2.PNG

Also, check the back of the kit for the label which mentions the Board revision.

Check if it compatible with ModusToolbox based on the combination you have according to the following table:

product_page.PNG

Regards,

Dheeraj

pastedImage_0.png

I didn't get the KIT revision through programmer.

But behind my kit the revision number on the slip is 11.

0 Likes

This is what i get when i program it using modus toolbox. Kindly suggest what changes do i need to do to program it using modus toolbox.Untitled.jpg

0 Likes

You aren't getting the silicon revision because you are using the old version (probably 3.27) of PSoC Programmer. Please use PSoC Programmer 3.28 . But since the board revision is 11 as you mentioned, it is an old revision and it will not work with ModusToolbox as seen from the table.

You will need a replacement kit and Cypress will be contacting you shortly.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes