SARMux Placement error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chva_1477726
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi

I am having an issue with "Warning: placer did not place the following components: \ADC:SARMUX\:SARMUX" on a PSOC6 CY8C6347BZI-BLD43 on Kit 062.

I cannot post the project, but I am using 6 single ended inputs, Connected to Port 10 Pins 0-5. It is set for Unsigned in  both formats, 8 samples averaged, Sequential Fixed Avg mode used in single shot mode.

All documentation I have been able to find indicates it is a "legal" setup in terms of the component and the ports the ADC/Mux is assigned to.

I am using PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)

Any  help will be appreciated

Regards

Chris

1 Solution

Hello Chris,

The reason for the warning is because placer really did not place the SARMUX component

Note that unlike PSoC 4, where PSoC Creator's fitter/placer does a lot of placement stuff for you, in PSoC 6 there is not much placement done by PSoC Creator. Especially for the SAR ADC, which can be handled completely in firmware using the sar PDL. Basically the SARMUX is configured and enabled as part of the PDL init and not PSoC Creator init. Hence PSoC Creator does not (or rather will not) handle the placement of the SARMUX.

This is not an issue and your project should work and make full use of the SARMUX, if that is what you are worried about

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I tried and it worked. What are the differences???

Bon

0 Likes

Hi Bob

I just tried yours and it gives the same warning while doing the placement.

Synthesis...

Tech Mapping...

Analog Placement...

Analog Routing...

Analog Code Generation...

Digital Placement...

Warning: placer did not place the following components:

\ADC_1:SARMUX\:SARMUX

Digital Routing...

Best regards

Chris

0 Likes

Hello Chris,

The reason for the warning is because placer really did not place the SARMUX component

Note that unlike PSoC 4, where PSoC Creator's fitter/placer does a lot of placement stuff for you, in PSoC 6 there is not much placement done by PSoC Creator. Especially for the SAR ADC, which can be handled completely in firmware using the sar PDL. Basically the SARMUX is configured and enabled as part of the PDL init and not PSoC Creator init. Hence PSoC Creator does not (or rather will not) handle the placement of the SARMUX.

This is not an issue and your project should work and make full use of the SARMUX, if that is what you are worried about

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

Thank you Meenakshi. I will ignore the warning from now on.

0 Likes