Porting PSoC Creator upgradable stack bootloader to ModusToolbox DFU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
m_ost
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I am trying to port a PSoC 6 project from creator to modustoolbox and the last thing I need is to port to do is port our BLE OTA. The OTA is almost identical to the example project CE220960. I've added DFU into modus and changed the necessary  function and variable names but I'm struggling with the linker scripts since as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any examples for a BLE upgradable stack bootloader for modus. Basically what I'm looking for is any help with getting the linker files working for this port for the 3 projects (main app, launcher, stack). I put this project aside and just came back to it so apologies if I missed any information. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @m_ost ,

There is a code example available for DFU_BLE in ModusToolbox which you can refer from the below link.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Bluetooth/MTB-PSoc6-BLE-OTA-Bootloader/m-p/330105#M1173

Regards,

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Can you send us the screenshot of the error you are facing while porting the code example so that we can assist you  better.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for the reply, its not so much an error as not really knowing where to even start with the linker files. I did try just putting the PSoC creator linker files into modustoolbox but I was getting some errors which I've since forgotten as I reverted the linker files to their original state before temporarily putting the porting on hold. Although I do not remember what the errors were, in hindsight I believe it may have been because of BLE as our creator project has the ble set up in dual core mode, while the modustoolbox port has it in cm4 single core mode since I was having issues setting it up in dual core mode. What should my next step be? Should I:

1. Put the creator linker files back in modus and send screenshots of the resulting errors
  2. Try to change the ble component to dual core mode which could potentially make the linker script work? (not sure about this one)
  3. Manually compare the linker scripts to try see what parts differ and add the parts I think I need to the modus linker script

Thank you,

Mike

0 Likes
m_ost
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

To add to my question, I don't need to worry about the cm0 scripts since the modus project is in single core mode, correct? Looking at the Modus DFU example: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dfu-basic I think that the answer is that I don't need to worry about them but I just want to make sure since I have very little knowledge when it comes to the linker scripts

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

After 2 days of messing with the linker files, I've gotten the 3 projects to build without errors and I use a post build to merge them together. After flashing the merged hex file, I seem to get nothing. I made an led light up at the very start of the launcher and it never even gets to that point. I am attaching the launcher and stack projects, and the linker/make files for our main app. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this from anyone.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

We are working with your project we will get back to you at the earliest.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Thank you, I am looking forward to your response

0 Likes

@Alakananda_BG , I am getting different advice here. It does not seem like porting from creator is a workable path. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Bluetooth/MTB-PSoc6-BLE-OTA-Bootloader/m-p/330105#M1173

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi @m_ost ,

There is a code example available for DFU_BLE in ModusToolbox which you can refer from the below link.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes