PSoC6 Programmer COM API PSoC6_WriteProtection() warning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

Sometimes I see the following warning after calling PSoC6_WriteProtection() but most of the time I do not.  Why does it only happen sometimes and how do I disable this warning?  I am using an app during production and I don't want to keep seeing this warning.

psoswarning.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The current implementation of the API is as follows:

• The warning is always shown if voltageVerification (parameter of PSoC6_WriteProtection function) == true
  • If voltageVerification == false, then the warning will be shown each second call to PSoC6_WriteProtection function within PP_COM object lifecycle.

PSoC6_WriteProtection function must not be used twice for single device, so the warning should not appear in most cases. The exception is the use case when single instance of PP_COM object is used for multiple devices programming. There is no direct method to suppress the warning in this case except creating separate com object for next device programming.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The current implementation of the API is as follows:

• The warning is always shown if voltageVerification (parameter of PSoC6_WriteProtection function) == true
  • If voltageVerification == false, then the warning will be shown each second call to PSoC6_WriteProtection function within PP_COM object lifecycle.

PSoC6_WriteProtection function must not be used twice for single device, so the warning should not appear in most cases. The exception is the use case when single instance of PP_COM object is used for multiple devices programming. There is no direct method to suppress the warning in this case except creating separate com object for next device programming.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes