PP_COM_Wrapper PSoC Example doesnot work on different PSoC Programmer Versions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuNa_4652896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi..

I am having a problem with using the PP_COM_Wrapper.dll.

I have PSoC Programmer 3.28.7 installed on my Desktop PC. The application works well. However when I moved the whole folder including exe file the Wrapper dll file. It no longer works. I have found this thread PSoC Programmer example exe does not run on another PC and it seems I have to reference the PP_COM_Wrapper file that is accompanied with the installed PSoC Programmer Folder (like on my Laptop which has PSoC Programmer 3.28.6). Additional information that the DLL cannot be registered as it is missing a DllRegisterServer entry.

I want to unify the program to work on any computer even if it doesn't have PSoC Programmer installed.

I read the suggesstion by SanjeevG_16 . I tried it using PsocProgrammerCOMLib. I have version 39.0 using Visual Studio 2019, and I am having this error

System.TypeInitializationException

HResult=0x80131534

Message=The type initializer for 'C_Sharp.Program' threw an exception.

Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>

StackTrace:

<Cannot evaluate the exception stack trace>

Inner Exception 1:

BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.PSoCProgrammerCOMLib, Version=39.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MuNa_4652896​,

I want to unify the program to work on any computer even if it doesn't have PSoC Programmer installed.

Unfortunately,  PSoC Programmer should be installed on the PC even though you don't refer the dll from the "COM" tab.

If you want to refer PPCom_Wrapper.dll, you have to build the application such that the dll is referred from the build directory.

dll is just a reference to the PPCOm_APIs that PSoC Programmer executes.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MuNa_4652896​,

Unfortunately,  PSoC Programmer should be installed on the PC even though you don't refer the dll from the "COM" tab.

If you want to refer PPCom_Wrapper.dll, you have to build the application such that the dll is referred from the build directory.

dll is just a reference to the PPCOm_APIs that PSoC Programmer executes.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes