Modus Toolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JCD
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

please:

How to set console to display all logs (in modus toolbox)?

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @JCD

I checked the Eclipse forums for a way to redirect all the builder logs into a single console. But unfortunately, I could not find a way to do that.
In previous Eclipse versions, the workaround in a particular Eclipse forum thread was to untick the Allocate Console setting in the Builder Configurations. It was reported that it does not work in newer versions. I tried it out and as mentioned it did not work; the logs were not shown.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @JCD

I am not sure I completely understood your request. 

When you click on the program launch in Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox you will have the build log of the application and you will have the log from OpenOCD programming the device. After the build log is displayed the console changes to the programming log. According to my understanding, you want a way to view both these logs. Can you please confirm if this is aligned with your request?

First, build the ModusToolbox application. You should be seeing the CDT Build Console

Rakshith_1-1623418027217.png

Click on Pin Console

Rakshith_2-1623418141023.png

Click on Open Console > New Console View. This should open up a new console.

Rakshith_4-1623418483581.png

If the new console does not open the OpenOCD logs automatically, click on Display Selected Console and select the 4th option.

Rakshith_3-1623418333241.png

Please let me know if you can now observe both the logs after following these steps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
JCD
Level 3
Level 3

Hello@Rakshith M B,

Thanks for your answer.

However, I've tried your method and it doesn't apply to my problem.As shown in the figure, I added a. Bat handler after the build operation.

JCD_0-1623719157636.png

The current situation is that after the normal display of compilation information, the display information of. Bat program will be displayed, and the previous compilation information can not be seen.

My expectation is to be able to continue to display. Bat information after displaying compilation information, and the two information will not be covered。

Thanks,

JCD

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi JCD, 

Can you please let me know the steps you followed to add another builder? It should be possible to add a console and pin the console so that the custom builder logs appear in the console. You could also try adding the builder as a post-build action in the makefile itself.

A global build log should also be created that you can use for your reference. Please find the path of the global build log here - Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Build > Logging.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
JCD
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

1.add another builder:file>properties>builders>New

2.Yes, you can display build information and external tool information at the same time by adding a console, but my expectation is to display the two kinds of information in one console in turn.

3.Yes, I want to create a global log that displays two kinds of information in one console.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @JCD

I checked the Eclipse forums for a way to redirect all the builder logs into a single console. But unfortunately, I could not find a way to do that.
In previous Eclipse versions, the workaround in a particular Eclipse forum thread was to untick the Allocate Console setting in the Builder Configurations. It was reported that it does not work in newer versions. I tried it out and as mentioned it did not work; the logs were not shown.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
JCD
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

Yes, I have used this setting. I can only config that the log is not displayed. I can't display the build log and external tool log at the same time.

Thanks for your help,

JCD

0 Likes