Modus Toolbox Custom BSP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiAb_4832311
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I'm working on a design with the PSOC 62 CY8C6245 MCU alongside a CYBT-353027-02 module (our use case requires SDHC communication for eMMC memory), and I'm having some trouble getting a BSP set up to work in this scenario. Is it possible to configure a BSP that uses both of these devices? If not, what's the best way to get those two systems talking to one another so I can incorporate BT in the design?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @MiAb_4832311 ,

Thanks for the details.

There is no way to combine two BSPs actually. You will have to program both the devices separately and then they will communicate with each other. You can form UART communication between both. I2c and SPI can also be considered. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @MiAb_4832311

Would you please elaborate on the purpose of using the PSoC6 MCU board with the CYBT-353027-02 module as the module already has an MCU inside? The BT controller(CYW20706) in the CYBT-353027-02 module can talk over HCI UART with the host. The host sends HCI commands over HCI UART. Please elaborate on your application in detail.
Also, you can use the following solutions to perform Bluetooth activity:

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MiAb_4832311
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Thanks for the reply, @Rakshith -- Our application has some requirements that (to my knowledge) don't fall under any single MCU Cypress (or anyone else) offers -- we need Bluetooth communications, and SDHC data communication as well. Our use case is a small wearable, with large storage requirements (hence the SDHC data -- we are using eMMC, as there are no available SPI memory chips on the market with appropriate capacities, and we have had issues with microSD corruption in past iterations of the device). I was looking at using the CYBT-353027-02 module for ease of integration -- the small footprint and on-board antenna simplified the design process significantly. The basic requirements of our application are as follows:

• Wearable device (Lowest power, lowest footprint possible)
  • I2C communication (external sensors)
  • Wireless charging
  • Bluetooth (primarily for live event updates and full data transfer to a host device)
  • USB interface for potential physical docking for charging/data transfer
  • At least 4 gigabytes onboard storage (eMMC)

0 Likes

Hi @MiAb_4832311 ,

Thanks for the details.

There is no way to combine two BSPs actually. You will have to program both the devices separately and then they will communicate with each other. You can form UART communication between both. I2c and SPI can also be considered. 

0 Likes