Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vanditasharma
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hey,

We are using PSOC6 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 for our product. I am trying to add additional timer counter blocks (tcpwm) which will bring our in project use to 27 timers. The chip has 32 blocks available. I get this error upon enabling the 23rd timer block

E2810: The solution search limit for pin and fixed function block placement has been exceeded.

Attaching a screenshot for the full error. When I only have 22 timers, the error goes away so I know it is the TCPWM block and no other components.

Is there a way to know if the other blocks are used elsewhere internally? We have BLE enabled alongwith several other blocks including wdt, spi, i2c, uart etc.

Thanks in advance,

Vandita

vanditasharma_0-1643036043713.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

You can add 32 timers for CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 Chip. Please refer to the attached project where I added  32 timers in the project. 

Could you please share your project for checking at our end ?

Update: The reason for getting this error message is because of the limitation on the number of inputs a TCPWM block can get. Each TCPWM block can get 14 inputs(In the Architecture TRM ("Trigger Multiplexer Block" figure 24-4), it shows the amount of trigger signals per peripheral).
Reducing the TCPWMs and come up with another circuit design solves the problem.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

You can add 32 timers for CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 Chip. Please refer to the attached project where I added  32 timers in the project. 

Could you please share your project for checking at our end ?

Update: The reason for getting this error message is because of the limitation on the number of inputs a TCPWM block can get. Each TCPWM block can get 14 inputs(In the Architecture TRM ("Trigger Multiplexer Block" figure 24-4), it shows the amount of trigger signals per peripheral).
Reducing the TCPWMs and come up with another circuit design solves the problem.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hey Yugandhar,

Thank you for your reply. I can't share the project here. I went through the datasheet and I see that there are 24 16 bit timers and 8 32 bit ones. I was using all 16 bit timers so I will try to change that and see if that helps. I'll report back here and start a private ticket if I can't find a resolution.

Thanks,

Vandita

0 Likes