Does the CYBLE-416045-02 verify flash on startup?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiHe_4600896
Level 1
Level 1

I've been programming a CYBLE-416045-02 with PSoC Creator 4.2.

Does the chip verify its program on startup? I've seen similar questions with answers that

say things like the bootloader automatically verifies flash on startup.

However, I am unable to add a bootloader or bootloadable component to the design,

and they don't show up in the components list unless I make a new project for a different chip.

pastedImage_4.png

No bootloader component (should be under system)

Does the CYBLE-416045-02 not have a bootloader? If so, how can I get it to verify flash on startup?

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

wihe_4600896

Yes, the bootloader always verifies the flash.

It's PSoC 63 device mounted inside CYBLE-416045-02 module. The bootloading architecture of PSoC 6 device is different from the one of PSoC 4. DFU middleware is adopted for PSoC 6 device, instead of bootloader/bootloadable component.

To get start with P6 DFU function flow, you may refer to the following AN doc - https://www.cypress.com/file/385706/download​, in which how to cerate a bootloader/bootloable project with a target device is introduced.

0 Likes

Hello, I just want to confirm this:

The DFU verifies the flash on startup.

However, does this mean I have to enable the DFU under build settings, or will it do the verification automatically even if I don't?

If I have to include it, do I need to call functions to check it?

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

Genarelly, the flash would be verified during the firmware programming.  Can you let me know the reason you need the verify process?

It looks not worthy to eable DFU functionality just merely for this purpose.

0 Likes