Does Amazon FreeRTOS a necessary component connect to AWS ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

There is an IoT device and it will be designed to connect to AWS (Amazon Web Service). 

Under this condition, do I need to select a MCU (PSoC_6, CYS0644xx) with Amazon FreeRTOS support ?!

I feel a little confused about...

If I select a MCU (PSoC_6, CYB0644xx) with only FreeRTOS support, dose this mean this IOT device can't connect to AWS ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

If you're asking with respect to MODUS IDE, then MODUS supports FreeRTOS and also Amazon FreeRTOS based examples. In general, FreeRTOS APIs are used for synchronizations between different tasks and threads, etc. Amazon FreeRTOS is basically additional amazon based libraries for IOT connectivity above FreeRTOS kernel APIs.

So, basically if you've right cloud libraries/APIs for connectivity, you can go ahead and use FreeRTOS. If you need more clarifications, you can go ahead and ask the same query in AWS forums/community.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

If you're asking with respect to MODUS IDE, then MODUS supports FreeRTOS and also Amazon FreeRTOS based examples. In general, FreeRTOS APIs are used for synchronizations between different tasks and threads, etc. Amazon FreeRTOS is basically additional amazon based libraries for IOT connectivity above FreeRTOS kernel APIs.

So, basically if you've right cloud libraries/APIs for connectivity, you can go ahead and use FreeRTOS. If you need more clarifications, you can go ahead and ask the same query in AWS forums/community.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

ok , Thank you for your reply.