Deep sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
roycmeghna
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi.

I'm trying to put my device to deep sleep using a 16 bit WDT (Counter0) . I'm able to put the device to deep sleep for 4ms.

1. However, when I try to increase the time to 30s by using a for loop, the device isn't going to deep sleep (current ~ 2mA). 

2. Even when I use a 32 bit WDT ( Counter2), I get a current of about 2mA.

Can someone help me out with the code of putting the device to deep sleep for long intervals like 1-2 minutes and then wake up the device. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @roycmeghna ,

Please refer our application note here to get a better understanding on the low power modes of PSoC 6 MCUs. Also, can you please answer the below questions so that we can help you with your issue -

1. Can you help us learn how did you put your device to deep sleep ?

2. Can you please elaborate this "However, when I try to increase the time to 30s by using a for loop, the device isn't going to deep sleep (current ~ 2mA)." ? I could not clearly understand it.

And, we suggest you try taking an empty project and just begin by putting the device to deep sleep there itself. This will help us break the issue in a modular way.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes