Crypto block client-server parallelism question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I was wondering if the crypto block can operate two different crypto operations at the same time if they aren't the same algorithm, or are client's tasks put in a queue and processed once at at time?

For example, could I:

1- Start a long Cy_Crypto_Aes_Ctr_Run process

2- Start a short Cy_Crypto_Crc_Run process

3- Receive CY_CRYPTO_SUCCESS for the CRC operation while the AES operation still returns CY_CRYPTO_SERVER_BUSY

Or will Cy_Crypto_Crc_Run always return CY_CRYPTO_SERVER_BUSY until the AES operation has finished?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Fred,

It depends on the HW Crypto IP block being used based on the device you are using.

On PSoC6A-2M and 512k you can perform CRC and AES concurrently because MXCRYPTO_ver2 has separated CRC functionality.

But PSoC6A-BLE2 doesn’t have this possibility because it was built with MXCRYPTO IP.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Fred,

It depends on the HW Crypto IP block being used based on the device you are using.

On PSoC6A-2M and 512k you can perform CRC and AES concurrently because MXCRYPTO_ver2 has separated CRC functionality.

But PSoC6A-BLE2 doesn’t have this possibility because it was built with MXCRYPTO IP.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you, Dheeraj.

While I don't know these two part numbers, we're using the CYBLE-416045-02 module, so I will assume that the PSoC6A-BLE2 situation applies to us.

0 Likes

Your assumption is right

0 Likes