Control CY8CKIT-028-TFT with CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT - what is the easyest way?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnTo_2035796
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Dear community,

i am facing the HelloWorld example with the CY8CKIT-028-TFT and CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT hardware. The aim of the project is to plot an "Hello world!" phrase on the TFT display.

To achieve the scope i started with a blinking led example (actually working) and i added the GraphLCDIntf (8bit macro configured with 12 and 3 cycles transaction settings) the relative pin assigned as default (fig1 and 2).

TFT3.pngtft4.png

Compiling the code returns no errors and the green led blinks as expected.

Then I added some extra Build Settings, PDL-Custom(PDL v3.1.0) as in figure 3:

tft5.png

After building the project with the new Build settings i get some popups and the final error:

tft6.png

tft7.png

tft8.png

Now i am stucked and i do not know how to get out from this mud of code.. do you have some suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The root cause of the compiling error is you set the 'LCD Driver' as 'GraphicLCDCtrl' under Build Settings -> PDL, which is different from the one 'FlexColor' of the emWin demo code for 062 WiFi-BT board. Did you change that intentionally?

The ST7789S controller on CY8CKIT-028-TFT board is supported by the FlexColor driver. Therefore it's better to use 'FlexColor'.

To use 'GraphicLCDCtrl', there are below functions that you have to write code for -

• CYGRAPHICS_WRITE()
  • CYGRAPHICS_READ()
  • CYGRAPHICS_IS_VBLANKING()
  • CYGRAPHICS_WRITE_FRAME()

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

What's the PDL vresion set under Tools -> Options? Can you try out PDL 3.0.4 instead of PDL3.1.0?

Click 'cancle' when the popup shows for request of replacing files.

0 Likes

Dear Wangs,

i am actually using the PDL version 3.1.0, and i have installed all the other previous on my PC.

I am missing some parts surely because building the VoiceRecorder example the TFT display works correctly, this let me think that i have all the required instruments for the code development.

Anyway I tried recompiling the code with the PDL3.0.4 selected but i get the same exact errors.

Maybe if someone has some sample project, without rtos, i can try to see what happens.

Best

AnTo

0 Likes

The root cause of the compiling error is you set the 'LCD Driver' as 'GraphicLCDCtrl' under Build Settings -> PDL, which is different from the one 'FlexColor' of the emWin demo code for 062 WiFi-BT board. Did you change that intentionally?

The ST7789S controller on CY8CKIT-028-TFT board is supported by the FlexColor driver. Therefore it's better to use 'FlexColor'.

To use 'GraphicLCDCtrl', there are below functions that you have to write code for -

• CYGRAPHICS_WRITE()
  • CYGRAPHICS_READ()
  • CYGRAPHICS_IS_VBLANKING()
  • CYGRAPHICS_WRITE_FRAME()
0 Likes

Dear Wang,

you are right! i have made a project from blank and effectively now everithing compiles. Well done, next step is to print some graphics..

I will follow the instructions of the https://www.cypress.com/file/448611/download

0 Likes