Can't Start BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a new hardware design using the CY8C6347BZI-BLD53.  I'm trying to get the BLE to work using the simple 'find me' example, CE212736_PSoC6BLE_FindMe but I'm having issues trying to start the BLE component. When I call Cy_BLE_Start() from the CM0, it hangs in CyBle_RcbRegRead(), (see call stack in image below). I have external 32kHz and 32MHz crystals so I believe the hardware configuration should look very similar to the PSOC 6 dev kit.  I'm not sure what this section of code is trying to do (all I get is the disassembly) so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what is at fault.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my 32MHz ECO has an incorrect foot print.  I was able to rotate the ECO and now everything appears to be working correctly.  The altHF divider had no impact. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Ray,

Is there any change you made on CE212736? If it is not, does that mean the code never reached line 53:  if(apiResult == CY_BLE_SUCCESS)?

Can any other code example run your new HW design correctly?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the sample project, I removed all GPIO writes to LED's since they didn't match my hardware but other than that, it should be the same.

0 Likes
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Can you enable Alt HF in your design and please set load cap values appropriate to the crystal you are using? I am assuming you do not have any external load caps on the board. If this still does not resolve the issue, try increasing the startup time of the crystal.

The Radio Controller block (RCB) requires ECO to be on and functional for the read to be successful. And it appears like there is some issue with ECO clock start up in your board/design.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have the AltHF oscillator enabled on both my project and the example project.  I am curious about the divider though.  I noticed in the CE212736 project the divider is 4.  I've tried both dividers of 4 and 1 and neither works.  What is the correct setting?

So I assumed it was either the oscillators not starting or a power configuration.  Power looks good so I'll look at the ECO.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my 32MHz ECO has an incorrect foot print.  I was able to rotate the ECO and now everything appears to be working correctly.  The altHF divider had no impact. 

0 Likes

Divider setting does not matter for RCB or BLE operation

The AltHF divider is used to divide the ECO clock before it is passed to the FLL/PLL or HFCLK paths.

Good to hear that you were able to get to the root cause and have the project working

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes